When a relationship or marriage breaks down, deciding who will primarily raise and care for the child is often disputed. Every case presents different facts on which parenting arrangements are negotiated.
Solicitors at Westley DiGiorgio Norcock are able to assist in the negotiation and facilitation of Parenting Orders. Upon acting for you, we understand that the primary consideration to take in to account is the benefit to the child of having a meaningful relationship with both parents as well as protecting the child from physical or psychological harm or being exposed to neglect or family violence.
We will also assist you by providing advice as to the best way of protecting the child’s circumstances. We will assess:
- Any views expressed by the child;
- The nature of the child’s relationship with each parent;
- The willingness and ability of each parent to facilitate and encourage a close relationship between the child and the other parent;
- The capacity of each of the child’s parents to provide for the needs of the child including emotional and intellectual needs; and
- Various other facts or circumstances that we believe relevant to ensure the separation does not negatively influence your child’s advancement in life.
Our aim is to make sure the necessary parenting arrangements are in place at the earliest opportunity with minimal interruptions to your children’s life.